Burleigh Heads is a unique place to walk; Burleigh Headland National Park is the first location most visitors head too…
However few people realise that there are over 24 kilometres of walks around Burleigh Heads.
Come and join me and explore beautiful Burleigh Heads green spaces on Australia’s Gold Coast, from the pounding surf of the Coral Sea on the ocean trail to rain forested ridges, pristine waterways and on to mangrove boardwalks.
Plan breakfast or lunch in quaint cafes along the way and enjoy the Australian coffee culture.
There are trails through Burleigh Headland National Park and beyond, these are self guided walks, and include links to Google Mapping and MapMyWalk with details of grades and elevations and 3D video.
If you love walking for the sake of walking and walk without your iPod because you want to soak in the surrounding sounds, whether it is the wind through the trees or pounding surf.
If you are amused and entertained by discoveries along the way, an aspect of nature or a vista that gets your heart racing with delight.
This Walking Guide is for you…
- If you enjoy walking along a city or suburban street, a beach or bush walking trails
- If you delight in taking photos whether it’s raindrops on a flower or morning dew not yet absorbed by the morning sun.
- Or if you have a reputation with your friends that you would take a photo of a blade of grass… then this eBook is for you…
- If you enjoy hearing stories about a location, a little local history to enrich your experience, whether it’s people or architecture this walking guide is for you.
- If breakfast is more important than lunch, because relaxing in a local cafe sipping on your latte after your early morning walk is part of your lifestyle, this book is for you.
- If you are in reasonable health and a few hills are not a problem and won’t get upset if you get lost or a sudden down pour soaks you, and view it as an adventure then this book is definitely for you!
- If you like the thought that you are experiencing the bushland but the next cafe is over the hill, this book is for you.
- If you like to hike and want to disappear for a few hours out with your backpack but still within cooee (call for help) of the shops this book’s got your name on it.
Sample Pages from Burleigh Walking Guide
Weekly I received comments from individuals who have enjoyed taking the walks and have spontaneously emailed me with their feelings, I just love that!
We did the walk in your PDF from Thrower drive to Palm Beach. Topped off by excellent fish and chips on the beach. ..
I plan to do all the walks in your eBook, but not in the one day!
Been living on the Gold Coast now for 11 years and have not been aware of some of these great walks.
Again, thanks for your fascinating read,
Thanks so much for the Gold Coast walks booklet.
My sister Anne, moved up to Currumbin this year so I had the opportunity to try some of these when visiting, a couple of weeks ago.
As Anne is a keen walker, she also found the historical background interesting. I didn’t find the thong wall / fence yet but look forward to discovering it next time.
Enjoy the springtime walking!
We have just completed the Tallebudgera Loop Walk following your directions and we are absolutely delighted. We took our time to complete the walk and included a coffee break at West Burleigh Village.
We are looking forward to your next instalment and are very grateful for your suggestions.
Siggy & Karen
Come and join me and discover beautiful Burleigh Heads National Park and bush walking trails and walks that even locals aren’t aware of.
Enrich your walking experience with stories from old newspaper articles, along with maps all for the price of a cup of coffee….